Annual Strategic Planning Process
Original Strategic Plan Development Process
- Vision / Mission Development: City leaders developed a draft community statement and organizational mission. Meeting Notes
- SWOT and Gap Analysis: City leaders identified strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and answered the questions “where are we?” and “where do we want to be?”. Meeting Notes
- Goal Identification: City leaders identified strategic goals to best achieve community vision. Meeting Notes
- Objectives Development: City leaders developed objectives to best achieve strategic goals.
- Develop / Review Action Plans: City leaders created action plans to best achieve draft objectives.
- City Council Retreat to Review Strategic Plan Framework
- Community Forums and Feedback: The City held community forums at three public schools, allowing the City to collect community feedback on the strategic planning process.
- Edison Middle School cafeteria (1649 S Chatham St): Meeting Notes and Presentation
- Parker High School small auditorium (3125 Mineral Point Ave): Meeting Notes and Presentation
- Craig High School small auditorium (401 S. Randall Ave): Meeting Notes and Presentation
- Additionally, the City collected feedback regarding the strategic planning process via an online feedback form as well as through one-on-one interviews with residents at select businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Presentation of City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan: The City Council approved the first proposal as a working draft to aid in the 2015 budget process. City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan
- City Council Discussion: The City Council reviewed the City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan and discussed what projects to include on the Capital Improvement Plan. City's 2015-2019 Strategic Plan and proposed Capital Improvements Plan
- City Council Adoption of the City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan. Final City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan