To appeal a parking ticket received AFTER August 1, 2019, please click here or visit https://janesvillewi.rmcpay.com/ to appeal your ticket. Search for your ticket by citation number or license plate number. When you have located the citation you wish to appeal, click on appeal and complete the entire form. A Sergeant will review your appeal and contact you when a decision has been made.
Examples of citations issued in error are:
- Vehicles exempted by state statute.
- Vehicles that are illegally parked due to a documented medical emergency.
- You have previously notified the Janesville Police Department of a vehicle breakdown.
You may not fill out this form if:
- You have received a Final Notice.
- You have been notified by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation that your vehicle registration has been suspended.
If you have received a FINAL NOTICE, you must:
- Pay the amount shown on the FINAL NOTICE, or
- Request a Court date to contest the citation by coming to the Janesville Police Department. The parking ticket will be reissued with a Uniform Traffic Citation. The Citation will include Court costs that will increase the fine amount. These costs cannot be removed once the citation is issued. If you do not prevail in court, then you will be responsible for these costs.