Pavilion Reservations

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Our pavilion reservation service allows groups or individuals to reserve a picnic pavilion or picnic grove for family reunions, picnics, wedding receptions, etc. Picnic groves are a reserved area of the park provided with four picnic tables, a park grill, and trash receptacle (no shelter, drinking water, rest rooms or electricity) on a cement pad. Six such groves exist in Palmer Park and three in Riverside Park. The fee for pavilion reservations varies with size, residency, and location. Please note, reservations are not available from October 15 to April 15 of each year. Reservations are made in person on a first-come basis beginning January 2, 2020 for Janesville residents, and January 9, 2020 for non-residents.

To reserve a pavilion, stop by the Parks and Recreation Divisions office (18 North Jackson Street - lower level, Wall Street entrance), or online at Online reservations may be made beginning January 9, 2020 for both residents and non-residents. Click here to download a COJ Park Pavilion/Picnic Grove Rental Form. This rental form lists the pavilions and picnic groves, as well as their approximate capacity and fee. Please call the Parks and Recreation office at 755-3025 for more information or to check availability of a facility.

Click here for pavilion pictures and general information.

Click here for a map of Palmer Park amenities or here for a map of Riverside Park amenities.

Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the Park pavilions rental procedure.

Beer/Wine Permit

In 2013, the City Council passed an ordinance allowing beer/wine in the following restricted areas by permit only in conjunction with a pavilion rental. These include: Palmer Park Hilltop pavilion, Riverside Park North pavilion, Riverside Park South pavilion, Traxler Park Lions pavillion and Traxler Park Warming House. A beer/wine permit must be completed and accompanied with a $50 fee. This must be done at least 3 days prior to the date of your rental event. Click here to download the Beer/Wine Permit application.

Bonfire Permit

Individuals are able to have a bonfire at the Palmer Park Hilltop bonfire area with a permit. You must apply for a permit and pay $12.00 at the Parks and Recreation Divisions Office. The Fire Department will review your request and inform you of their approval. Click here for the bonfire permit application.

Steps to host a wedding in a city park:

1. Visit or call the Parks & Recreation Divisions office at (608) 755-3030 to check on availability of the park.

2. Complete the Park Wedding Permit form.

3. Pay the wedding permit fee of $10 (no park benches) or $30 which includes 10 park benches (additional benches are $5 each).

4. Reserve a pavilion if applicable (and available) for the wedding reception or gathering.

5. Approval of permit does not provide for your exclusive use of the park.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer