In order to maintain the beauty of the cemetery and allow for efficient maintenance, visitors are asked to cooperate with the following decoration regulations. Approved decorations should always be placed on the side of a marker, never in front.
Cemetery Decoration Guidelines and Cleanup
Please find below the cemetery decoration guidelines and cleanup rules.
- Shepherd hooks must be placed as close to the side of the marker as possible. The flower basket must hang over the marker.
- Flowers must be planted in a cement flower urn. The urn must be placed on the side of the marker and not extend beyond the width of the grave. Metal vases are allowed if they are attached to the monument or are placed directly next to the marker.
- Wreaths are allowed after November 15.
- No plants, including annual flowers, perennials, shrubs, and trees may be planted in the ground.
- In order to provide efficient winter operations, grave blankets are not permitted.
- No digging or fertilization of grave spaces.
- The following decorations are not permitted: mementos, figurines, lighting, solar lighting, border edging, fencing, benches, rocks, gravel, bricks, mulch, glass receptacles, balloons, wind socks, toys (exception in children's section, toys may be allowed for a period of time after burials.)
- Styrofoam constructed decorations and vases are prohibited.
- The City is not responsible for the damage or theft of anything placed on the gravesite.
- Waste receptacles are provided for the deposition of waste, litter, weeds, decayed flowers, and plants.
- All unauthorized decorations will be removed and placed in a designated area for visitor retrieval. The City is not responsible for these items.
- The City has the right to remove any plants in the ground or landscape decorations which do not conform to the cemetery rules and regulations.
- The City is NOT responsible for reimbursement for any plants or decorations removed by cemetery staff or damaged by maintenance crews.
Spring and Fall CleanupSpring cleanup will be from April 1 through April 15. Spring decorations may be placed on graves after April 15.
Fall cleanup will begin October 15. All decorations will be removed beginning this day. Winter decorations may be placed on graves after November 15.