- View other Commissions, Boards and Committees
- Volunteer for this Board
- View board materials
- View ZBA Applications
Desirable Characteristics and Qualifications for Committee Members (per staff liaison)
- Some knowledge of how City government functions.
- Some knowledge of City codes or regulations.
- Good communication skills.
- Has an unbiased approach to considering the facts of an issue, the ability to make a decision based on the facts and requirements of City Ordinance.
- Applicants from banking, legal, financial, education, business, public administration, and surveying fields are desirable.
|Number of Members||7 Members:
Citizen Members (5)
Mark Helgestad, Alternate #1
Barry Badertscher, Alternate #2
|Term of Office||3 years|
|Commencement of Term||First Monday of May each year|
|Appointment by Whom||
City Manager (also appoints Chairperson with no confirmation)
The City Manager will take into consideration the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Appointments when appointing citizen members to this committee.
|Approval or Confirmation by||Common Council|
|Residency Requirements of Citizen Members||Charter Ordinance Chapter 2.28 requires residency of members.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||WI State Statute 62.23(7)(e)(7). Decide appeals from City Zoning Ordinance.|
|To What Authority Do They Report||Highest Authority|
|When Meetings are Held||Fourth Tuesday of each month (if no business, notified) and on call.|
|Who Calls Meetings||Chairperson|
|Responsibility for Minutes||Board Secretary|
|Location of Filed Minutes||Building Division|