Clerk-Treasurer's Division FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Where can I get a copy of Janesville General Ordinances?
Copies of city ordinances are available online, or can be obtained either at the City Clerk’s Office (18 North Jackson Street), the Janesville Police Department (100 North Jackson Street) or at the Hedberg Public Library (316 South Main Street). 
Can you tell me what my property taxes will be?
The City Council sets the final tax rate at the beginning of December each year. The City Clerk-Treasurer's Office mails out tax bills during the first two weeks of December.
When are tax bill payments due each year?
Tax bill payments are made to the Rock County Treasurer's Office in person at 51 South Main Street; Janesville or by mail at PO Box 1508, Janesville, WI 53547-1508. First tax bill payments are due on January 31 (first installment). Second payments are due July 31 (balance due).
Where can I receive a work permit?
You can receive work permits at the YWCA, 1735 S. Washington Street; Janesville. The telephone number is 752-5445.
Work Permits may also be obtained from the Rock County Clerk's office, 608-757-5660.
Where can I receive a copy of my birth certificate?
Birth certificates are available at the Register of Deeds office in the Rock County Courthouse for individuals born in Rock County. They are at 51 South Main Street; Janesville. The phone number is 757-5656.
Where do I apply for a passport?
Passport applications are taken at the Rock County Clerk's office. The Clerk's office is at the Rock County Courthouse on 51 South Main Street; Janesville. The telephone number is 757-5660.
Are bike licenses required in Janesville?


What are the polling place hours?
From 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.


What is the phone number for the Department of Motor Vehicles?

(800) 924-3570