To receive City of Janesville news via email, please sign up online.
City of Janesville Facilities and Services Update: Phase Two
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020, Rock County Public Health Department announced it would cautiously be moving into Phase Two of the Rock County Reopening Plan. The City of Janesville Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will continue to manage the City’s response to COVID-19 at a Level 4 activation.
The City of Janesville will also continue to prioritize City services such as police, fire, sanitation, and engineering among others.
The following Facilities are Services were reopened or resumed on May 21. Some of these items have been updated to include new Phase Two information:
- City Hall: The first-floor customer service window will remain open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Utility payments may be made by dropping off payment at the Wall Street entrance dropbox or online.
- Department of Public Works
- Building: The Building Division will continue building inspections with restrictions and proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Basketball courts at neighborhood parks (one hoop per court at Monterey and Bond Parks)
- Fitness Court
- Pickleball Courts
- Playgrounds including Camden Playground and Peace Park
- Palmer Park East Pavilion Restrooms will open June 15
- Peace Park Restrooms will open June 15
- Traxler Park Main Restroom
- Riverside Park North Restroom
- Tennis Courts
- Water: The Water Utility will resume meter changeouts with restrictions and proper PPE.
- Hedberg Public Library (HPL)
- HPL opened with limitations on Monday, June 1.New hours are Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.Curbside pickup will continue.
- HPL Express at the Janesville Mall opened on Tuesday, May 26.New hours are Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Janesville Police Department: JPD resumed parking enforcement on Monday, May 25.
- Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS):
- Housing: All housing services resumed other than the customer service window.Please call Housing Services at (608) 755-3065 for assistance.
- Janesville Transit System (JTS):
- Bike and Bus Training resumed by appointment only, contact JTS at (608) 755-3150.
- Transit Services Center (Blackbridge Road) is open by appointment only; contact JTS at (608) 755-3150.
- Recreation: Registration has opened for Kids Count Camp: www.ci.janesville.wi.us/recregistration
While many public spaces including playgrounds will reopen, the City strongly urges residents to continue following recommended guidelines such as maintaining social distance, washing hands thoroughly, and avoiding touching your face. Residents are cautioned to use Janesville’s amenities at their own risk, knowing that COVID-19 remains a threat in the community. Visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website for more information.
The Joint Information Center (JIC) team will continue to send updates regarding City of Janesville services on the City's Website, press release email, Facebook, and Twitter. For up-to-date information and local, regional, and state resources, visit the City’s COVID-19 website: www.ci.janesville.wi.us/covid19. The public can also tune in to the City’s Community Briefings on Wednesdays at 8:30 a.m in June.
The City also offers Business Guidelines for all reopening businesses.
For community information and questions, you may call the City’s Community Support hotline on weekdays from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at (608) 373-6027. For 24/7 non-emergency information, please contact “2-1-1” by calling 211 or 1-877-947-2211. In the case of an emergency, contact the Rock County Communications Center by calling 911, or (608) 757-2244 for non-emergencies.