If you are interested in holding a block party, run/walk, parade or other public special event within a park or on the street right-of-way, you must complete a Special Event Application and return it to the Recreation Division. The Special Event Application and several other helpful documents are available by clicking the links below. The forms contain more information about special event equipment rental, permits and fees.
Special Event Checklist Recycling Away From Home brochure Block party guide
Special Event Guidelines Pavilion/Picnic Grove Rental Form
Special Event Application Commercial Vendor Form
Temporary Class B Alcohol License Application (Class B applications must be returned in person to the Clerk Treasurer's Office, located on the second floor of City Hall, 18 N. Jackson Street)
Temporary Structure Permit Application (for tents larger than 10' x 20') (Temporary structure permit applications must be returned in person to the Building and Development Services Department on the third floor of City Hall, 18 N. Jackson St.
Fireworks Display Permit Request (Fireworks Display Permit request must be returned in person to the Clerk-Treasurer's office, located on the second floor of City Hall, 18 N. Jackson St.
Local Run/Walk/Bike Events for 2015
We are providing this document that lists the run, walk or biking events that are registered with the City of Janesville Recreation Division for 2015. This list will be updated periodically when events or registration information is added. The City of Janesville does not sponsor these events, so questions should be directed to the individual sponsoring agencies.
Steps to host a wedding in a city park:
1. Visit or call the Parks & Recreation Divisions office at (608) 755-3030 to check on availability of the park.
2. Complete the Park Wedding Permit form.
3. Pay the wedding permit fee of $10 (no park benches) or $30 which includes 10 park benches (additional benches are $5 each).
4. Reserve a pavilion if applicable (and available) for the wedding reception or gathering.
5. Approval of permit does not provide for your exclusive use of the park.