New Student Tokens NOW Available!!
Beginning with the opening of the 2013-2014 School Year, a new Youth Token program has been established by the Janesville City Council, the School District of Janesville & the Janesville Transit System. Please read the following explanation of the new program carefully, as the procedures are different than previous token programs.
- Youth tokens are intended for students entering the 6th grade through those completing 12th grade—Middle School & High School students.
- Bus Drivers may require passengers riding with Youth Tokens to show their current school ID card, issued by a Janesville school, to certify eligibility for their use.
- Youth tokens are ONLY SOLD OR DISTRIBUTED AT THE SCHOOLS. They are NOT sold at JTS token outlets or on the bus!
- Youth tokens are sold for $0.75 each or 10 tokens for $7.50 at middle/high school offices, school stores, or school credit unions. Each school will establish its own sales locations; please check with your school about where tokens are sold!
- Youth tokens are good for all trips on JTS in-city routes, including Nightside Service, Mon.-Sat. during normal operating hours. Youth tokens are NOT VALID for intercity travel outside City of Janesville city limits.
- Certain students may qualify for Youth Tokens at no charge. This replaces the previous “Special Fare” tokens distributed to eligible students by the schools. The determination of eligibility is made by School Social Workers or Counselors. Please contact your school social worker to determine if you qualify for no-charge tokens. JTS does NOT make this determination!
- Fraudulent use of Youth Tokens by persons not eligible for their use will result in confiscation of token and possible fines for non-payment of the proper fare of up to $100.00 (City Ordinance 10.76.030).
||6:00 a.m.-10:15 p.m. weekdays; 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Sat.
||900 North Parker Drive
TDD: (608) 755-3190
||Contact the City
|Meet the staff
||Dave Mumma, Transit Director
Bus Service Hours
6:15 a.m. - 10:15 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 8:45 a.m. - 6:15 p.m. on Saturdays
Summary of Services
The Janesville Transit System (JTS) offers regular bus service Monday through Saturday on six routes inside Janesville and the Beloit-Janesville Express that operates weekdays between the two cities. All buses also operate weekday evenings until 10:15 p.m. on three "Nightside" routes and provide extra service routes during peak travel periods. JTS buses are accessible to disabled persons, including those in wheelchairs. "Dial-A-Ride" paratransit van service is available for persons with disabilities who are unable to use regular buses.
Transit operations are funded 20% from farebox revenues, on-bus advertising, and miscellaneous revenues. The balance of revenue is contributed by Federal Operating Assistance (28%), the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (30%), and by assistance from the City's General Fund (22%).
The City owns 20 buses and 1 paratransit van in the active fleet. The JTS maintenance department provides a strong preventive maintenance program designed to maximize equipment utilization and availability. It also provides for upkeep of fixed facilities including the Transfer Center at 123 S. River Street, the office and garage at 900 N. Parker Drive, as well as passenger shelters, benches, and bus stop signs throughout the community.
Transit services are provided in four categories. Regular service includes six regular year-round routes, operating for 306 service days annually. Regular service accounts for 80% of system ridership and is offered for six days each week for a total of 89.5 hours per week. The Beloit-Janesville Express operates Monday-Friday on 255 service days each year. This service is jointly provided with the Beloit Transit System (BTS) and connects with their in-city routes. JTS also provides extra service, Nightside and Paratransit Services.
All routes, services, and accommodations on JTS are offered without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you feel you have been discriminated against on the basis of race, color or national origin in the services offered by JTS, you have the right to submit a complaint to the JTS management and/or the Federal Transit Administration. For more information call the JTS office.