||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.,
Monday through Friday
18 N. Jackson Street,
||Contact the City
|Meet the staff
||Richard Haviza, City Assessor
Click Here for the Property (Parcel) Search using eGov
Please note: The function to display tax bills is currently under construction and is not available at this time.
Click here for the most current press release regarding Open Book.
Goal Of The Assessing Program
To ensure a quality assessing program that the community has confidence in.
Specifically, the division will:
- Provide professional, accurate collection and analysis of property data to ensure a fair and equitable value setting outcome.
- Provide Janesville property owners with sufficient information so that they may understand the assessment process and also encourage their participation in the process.
- Ensure that Janesville property owners' participation in the process is handled with the highest level of professional courtesy and integrity.
- Each property owner is important and can expect courtesy and respect from staff.
- Property owners can be confident of the highly professional staff.
- The assessing process in Janesville treats property owners equitably.
- The better the public understands the staff's job, the better job they can do.
- The Assessment process is about setting value, not determining taxes.
- It is important for staff to "get it right" the first time.
We collect a massive amount of data to describe properties. We collect data on sales. We collect data on personal property.
This is a separate step under which all the data needs to be verified to make sure it is accurate. The database is dynamic as property owners frequently modify the physical characteristics of their properties.
Setting of Values
This is the step that uses the sales data and a complex computer assessment model to determine the values of all residential and commercial property.
Citizens must be able to understand the process; have access to the information; and have confidence in the quality of the assessments. The Assessor's Property Search Database contains information about individual property assessments and is open for all to view.
- Department of Revenue (State Forms)
Property Tax Exemption