||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.,
Monday through Friday
18 N. Jackson Street,
||Contact the City
|Meet the staff
||Richard Haviza, City Assessor
Click Here for the Property (Parcel) Search using eGov
Assessment Program Goal
Establish accurate and equitable property assessments to facilitate fair distribution of the property tax.
Assessment Program Objectives
- Discover and record changes to parcel counts, ownership and configurations;
- Discover and record changes to attribute data for taxable and exempt personal property;
- Discover and record changes to attribute data for taxable and exempt real estate parcels;
- Estimate Market Value of real and personal property and annually list in the Assessment Roll;
- Initiate and facilitate property owner participation in the assessment process, reviews and appeals;
- Complete required reporting to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and City staff; and
- Respond efficiently, effectively and courteously to inquires and requests for service.
Summary of Services
The assessment function is mandated by State Statute. It is completed using procedures established by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Assessment tasks fall into six programs. At the core of the process is maintaining attribute data on more than 28,000 real and personal property parcels. That data is used to complete estimates of property value. Attribute and assessment data is also consumed both locally and globally by myriad users for many purposes. Assessment services include:
- Real Property Description - Assessment staff monitors data sources to discover and record changes to real property parcel counts, ownership and configurations.
- Personal Property Data Management - Staff monitors data sources and completes field inspections to discover and record changes to taxable personal property (business machinery, equipment and supplies and dwellings in mobile home parks).
- Real Property Data Management - Staff monitors data sources and completes field inspections to discover and record changes to taxable real property (real estate). This includes review of property tax exemptions and local coordination of the Department of Revenue manufacturing assessment process.
- Property Valuation - Staff monitors market data information and prepares estimates of market value for all taxable parcels. Those values are listed in the Assessment Roll, the foundation for the Tax Roll.
- Review and Appeals – Staff completes required property owner notifications, facilitates Open Book reviews and defends values at the Board of Review and subsequent appeal processes.
- State Reporting – Staff completes all required reporting to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
- Department of Revenue (State Forms)
Property Tax Exemption