March 12, 2014: Vision / Mission Development
A facilitative session with City leaders to develop a draft community statement and organizational mission statement.
March 25, 2014: SWOT and Gap Analysis
April 2014: Develop strategic goals and objectives
- April 9 - A facilitative session with City leaders to identify strategic goals that will help the organization best achieve its draft community vision and align with the organizational mission statement.
- April 23 - A facilitative session with City leaders to identify objectives that will help the organization best achieve its draft strategic goals.
May 2014: Develop and review action plans
- May 7 - A facilitative session with City leaders to create action plans that will help the organization best achieve its draft objectives.
- May 21 - A facilitative session with City leaders to review and finalize action plans that will help the organization best achieve its draft objectives.
April - May 2014: Community Forums and Feedback
- April 2 - Edison Middle School cafeteria (1649 S Chatham St) at 7 p.m.
- April 23 - Parker High School small auditorium (3125 Mineral Point Ave) at 7 p.m.
- April 30 - Craig High School small auditorium (401 S. Randall Ave) at 7 p.m.
A brief presentation by City staff discussing the strategic planning process as well as to present a preliminary draft community vision statement developed by the City of Janesville leaders. Attendees will have the opportunity to provide feedback regarding the draft community vision statement and present ideas on initiatives the City should pursue to achieve its vision. Feedback from the community forums will be incorporated into the strategic plan by helping the City develop goals and objectives to achieve the community vision.
Additionally, the City collected feedback regarding the strategic planning process via an online feedback form as well as through one-on-one interviews with residents at select businesses and non-profit organizations. Feedback obtained through both mediums can be found in the file linked below:
May 28, 2014: City Council retreat to review strategic plan framework
June 23, 2014: Presentation of City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan to City Council
On June 23, 2014, the City Council approved the City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan as a working draft document to provide guidance during the 2015 budget development process. The Strategic Plan will be finalized after the 2015 budget is adopted by the City Council.
October 23, 2014: City Council Discussion of the City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan and Capital Improvements Plan
City Manager Mark Freitag and staff presented the City's 2015-2019 Strategic Plan and proposed Capital Improvements Plan. The City Council had the opportunity to discuss what year projects should take place as part of the five-year program.
December 8, 2014: City Council Adoption of the City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan
The City Council unanimously adopted the final City of Janesville 2015-2019 Strategic Plan.