Click here to view an interactive version of the City of Janesville organizational chart.
To view City of Janesville Department organizational charts please follow the links below:
- Fire Department organizational chart
- Neighborhood and Community Services organizational chart
- Police Department organizational chart
- Public Works organizational chart
City of Janesville Principles
Community Vision Statement"Wisconsin's Park Place": discover the community of choice to realize life's opportunities.
Organizational Mission StatementTo innovatively provide effective municipal services that are responsive to the needs of residents, businesses, and visitors and delivered in a reliable, efficient manner in order to sustain Janesville as the community of choice.
- Adaptability: We are creative and flexible in response to our community's changing needs.
- Respect: We embrace diversity, empathy, and collaboration through a foundation of mutual respect.
- Service: We serve with kindness, integrity, and professionalism. We are accountable for making ethical and innovative decisions that reflect community-driven goals.
- Communication: We value transparency through honest and clear communications.
- Downtown: To position our downtown as a vibrant neighborhood where commerce, culture, entertainment, and history intersect.
- Economy: To facilitate continued growth and diversification of our local economy.
- Financial Sustainability: To remain a responsible and forward-thinking steward of financial resources.
- Image & Engagement: To strategically communicate the City's strengths, priorities, and initiatives while maintaining trust and confidence through effective engagement.
- Infrastructure: To build upon the community's foundation of well-planned, maintained, dependable, and sustainable infrastructure.
- Partnerships: To embrace and enhance collaboration with local, regional, national, and global stakeholders to realize shared success.
- Performance Culture: To cultivate an organizational environment that empowers an engaged, innovative, and diverse municipal employee base.
- Rock River Corridor: To promote, enhance, and respect the unifying feature of our community.
- Safe & Healthy Community: To advance safety and overall well-being of residents and neighborhoods through cooperation and encouraging an active lifestyle.