|Office Hours||7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday|
3300 W.Tripp Road
Janesville WI 53548
|Contact the City|
|Meet the staff||
Dave Botts, Utility Director
Joe Zakovec, Wastewater Superintendent
24-Hour Emergency Service
Telephone: (608) 755-6375
Summary of Services
Janesville operates full-service Water and Wastewater utilities as departments within the Division of Public Works. There are 24,290 wastewater accounts generating approximately $9.22 million in revenue. The Wastewater Utility is responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of the collection system and the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Wastewater Utility Mission Statement
To provide a safe, healthy and sanitary collection and disposal of wastewater generated within the corporate limits by residential, commercial and industrial sources, and to protect the water quality of the Rock River.
To operate, maintain and manage the City of Janesville Wastewater Utility as such to ensure that environmental resources, economic wellbeing and future needs of the Citizens of both the City of Janesville and State of Wisconsin are protected.
Other Related Information
To see how Janesville's utility rates compare to our peer cities or for questions regarding your utility bill, please visit the Utility Billing Office webpage.
If you would like to read or print Janesville's ordinances that relate to wastewater and sewer, please visit the ordinance section of our website and choose Chapter 13 from the ordinance book.
If you have questions regarding a Sewer Backup, please visit this page.
- American Water Works Association - National
- American Water Works Association - State
- Authorized Representative User Designation Form WW Permit Holders
- Central States Water Environmental Association
- DNR Division of Water - Drinking Water and Groundwater
- DNR Information for Homeowners with Private Wells
- Industrial User Periodic Compliance Report - January through June 2018
- Janesville Water Utility
- RX Drug Collection Box
- Water Environment Federation
- WI Discharge Permit Application
- WI Discharge Permit Application Guidelines
- Wisconsin Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (WPDES) Permit Program
- Wisconsin Rural Water Association