Desirable Characteristics and Qualifications for Committee Members (per staff liaison):
- Financial experience and ability to understand budgets, particularly experience working with federal programs or in the lending environment.
- Personal experience as a low income resident or participant in the Rent Assistance Program.
- Experience working or volunteering with low income residents or agencies representing low income individuals.
- Experience working in residential construction or housing field.
- Applicants from mortgage lending, financial, construction management, social services (non-profit or governmental agencies serving the low income population), and real estate fields are desirable.
|Number of Members||7 Members:
Citizen Members (5)
Sue Conley, Councilmember
Rich Gruber, Councilmember
|Term of Office||Councilmembers (1 year)
Citizen Members (4 years)
|Commencement of Term||First Monday of May each year|
|Appointment by Whom||
Council Members by Council President
Citizen Members by City Manager
The City Manager will take into consideration the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Appointments when appointing citizen members to this committee.
|Approval or Confirmation by||Common Council|
|Residency Requirements of Citizen Members||State Statute 66.1335 requires residency of members.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||WI State Statute Section 66.4325. Oversight into the Rental Assistance Program, planning and implementing Community Development programs, housing projects, and redevelopment projects.|
|To What Authority Do They Report||City Council and City Manager
|When Meetings are Held||Third Wednesday of each Month
|Who Calls Meetings||Chairperson|
|Responsibility for Minutes||Secretary of Authority or Neighborhood & Community Services Staff
|Location of Filed Minutes||Neighborhood & Community Services Department