Service to UW-Rock County & Blackhawk Technical College
If you would like to get to either UW-Rock County or Blackhawk Technical College Central Campus, please use the Beloit-Janesville Express route.
Service to Janesville Middle and High Schools
The Janesville Transit System operates extra bus service to Janesville's middle and high schools during the school year with routes and times coordinated with the school schedule. The schedule for the 2016-2017 school year may be seen here. These buses follow a published schedule and are open to the public. They charge the regular fare. Certain students may qualify for fare assistance or bus passes provided by the School District. Parents should contact their students' Janesville School District school counselor or social worker for information. Extra Service Schedules will be available at all secondary schools, the School District Office, and JTS schedule outlets or on this website by clicking on the link above. Call (608) 755-3150 for information.
Spring Semester JTS Student Passes Available January 9
With the Janesville School District’s second semester just around the corner, Janesville Transit is happy to announce that spring semester passes will be available for sale at the middle and high schools in Janesville starting January 9, 2017. Semester passes cost $140 and provide for unlimited in-city rides for Janesville School District middle and high school students. Passes may be purchased at the student’s school starting January 9, or may be purchased online anytime through the student Infinite Campus portal. Passes purchased online will be distributed starting January 9.
Passes will be affixed to the back of the student’s ID card. Each time a student rides JTS he or she must present both sides of their student ID card to the bus driver.
While second semester pass sales begin January 9, 2017, second semester passes are valid starting Monday, January 23, 2017, the first day of second semester, through Wednesday, June 7, 2017, the end of the academic year.
Replacement Semester Pass
Should the semester pass be lost or stolen, a replacement pass will be issued at a cost of $3. Students shall bring their replacement ID card to the JTS Office (101 Black Bridge Road) to pay the fee and receive the replacement pass.
Youth Token & Semester Pass Programs for Janesville School District Students
- Youth tokens and Semester Passes are ONLY SOLD OR DISTRIBUTED AT THE SCHOOLS. They are NOT sold at JTS token outlets or on the bus!
- Youth tokens and semester passes are intended for students entering the 6th grade through those completing 12th grade—Middle School & High School students.
- Youth Token Rules and Policies may be seen here.
- Youth tokens are sold for $0.85 each or 10 tokens for $8.50 at middle/high school offices, school stores, or school credit unions. Each school will establish its own sales locations; please check with your school about where tokens are sold!
- Tokens and passes may be used on all in-city routes, including evening Nightside Service, Monday through Saturday, during normal operating hours. Youth tokens and semester passes are NOT VALID for intercity travel outside Janesville city limits.
- Bus Drivers may require passengers riding with youth tokens to show their current school ID card, issued by a Janesville school, to certify eligibility for their use.
- The semester pass is a tamper-proof, hologram sticker that is affixed to the back side of a middle or high school student's ID card. Students using semester passes must present both sides of their ID card to the driver upon entering the bus.
- Semester Pass Program Rules and Policies may be seen here.
- Semester passes are sold for $140 at middle/high school offices, school stores, or school credit unions. Each school will establish its own sales locations; please check with your school about where tokens are sold!
- Youth tokens are valid year-round. The fall semester pass is valid starting the first day of the school year through the last day of the first semester. The spring semester pass is valid starting the first day of second semester through the last day of the school year. Semester passes may be used during school breaks and on weekends that take place during the semester. Semester passes are not valid during the summer break.
- Certain students may qualify for Youth Tokens at no charge. This replaces the previous “Special Fare” tokens distributed to eligible students by the schools. The determination of eligibility is made by School Social Workers or Counselors. Please contact your school social worker to determine if you qualify for no-charge tokens. JTS does NOT make this determination!
- Fraudulent use of Youth Tokens by persons not eligible for their use will result in confiscation of token and possible fines for non-payment of the proper fare of up to $100.00 (City Ordinance 10.76.030).
Areas in Janesville Not Served by JTS and Rural Areas of the Janesville School District
The Janesville School District provides or subsidizes "yellow school bus service" to students living in areas not served by JTS, and the rural areas of the Janesville School District. For information on eligibility or to register for school bus service, please contact the Transportation Director at the School District office, (608) 743-5016. For school bus route information or questions on school bus operations in the Janesville School District, contact the Van Galder Bus Company, (608) 752-5407.
Milton School District Information
Janesville residents living in the Milton School District receive "yellow school bus service" from the Milton School District. For information on eligibility or to register for school bus service in the Milton School District, contact Riteway Bus Company, (608) 868-4705.
- Token for Teens, a school district program for students unable to afford transportation to school.