Service to UW-Rock County & Blackhawk Technical College
If you would like to get to either UWW at Rock County or Blackhawk Technical College Central Campus, please use the Beloit-Janesville Express route.
Service to Janesville Middle and High Schools
The Janesville Transit System operates extra bus service to Janesville's middle and high schools during the school year with routes and times coordinated with the school schedule. The schedule for the 2018-2019 school year may be seen here. These buses follow a published schedule and are open to the public. They charge the regular fare. Certain students may qualify for fare assistance or bus passes provided by the School District. Parents should contact their students' Janesville School District school counselor or social worker for information. Extra Service Schedules will be available at all secondary schools, the School District Office, and JTS schedule outlets or on this website by clicking on the link above. Call (608) 755-3150 for information.
Youth Token & Semester Pass Programs for Janesville School District Students
- Youth tokens and Semester & Summer Passes are ONLY SOLD OR DISTRIBUTED AT THE SCHOOLS. They are NOT sold at JTS token outlets or on the bus.
- Youth tokens and semester passes are intended for students entering the 6th grade through those completing 12th grade—Middle School & High School students.
- Summer passes are intended for students completing the 6th grade through those entering 12th grade – Middle School and High School students – are eligible to purchase a summer pass. High school graduates are not eligible to purchase the summer pass.
- Youth Token Rules and Policies may be seen here.
- Summer Pass Rules and Policies may be seen here.
- Youth tokens are sold for $0.75 each or 10 tokens for $7.50 at middle/high school offices, school stores, or school credit unions. Each school will establish its own sales locations; please check with your school about where tokens are sold!
- Tokens and passes may be used on all in-city routes, including evening Nightside Service, Monday through Saturday, during normal operating hours. Youth tokens and semester passes are NOT VALID for intercity travel outside Janesville city limits.
- Bus Drivers may require passengers riding with youth tokens or semester or summer passes to show their current school ID card, issued by a Janesville school, to certify eligibility for their use.
- The semester and summer pass is a tamper-proof, hologram sticker that is affixed to the back side of a middle or high school student's ID card. Students using semester or summer passes must present both sides of their ID card to the driver upon entering the bus.
- Semester passes are sold for $120 at middle/high school offices, school stores, or school credit unions or through the Infinite Campus online portal. Each school will establish its own sales locations; please check with your school about where tokens are sold.
- Summer passes are sold for $75 at middle/high school offices, school stores, or school credit unions or through the Infinite Campus online portal. Each school will establish its own sales locations; please check with your school about where tokens are sold.
- Youth tokens are valid year-round.
- The fall semester pass is valid starting the first day of the school year through the last day of the first semester. The spring semester pass is valid starting the first day of second semester through the last day of the school year. Semester passes may be used during school breaks and on weekends that take place during the semester. Semester passes are not valid during the summer break.
- The summer pass is valid starting the first day of summer break through the last day of summer break. Summer passes are not valid during the academic school year.
- Certain students may qualify for Youth Tokens at no charge. This replaces the previous “Special Fare” tokens distributed to eligible students by the schools. The determination of eligibility is made by School Social Workers or Counselors. Please contact your school social worker to determine if you qualify for no-charge tokens. JTS does NOT make this determination.
- Fraudulent use of Youth Tokens by persons not eligible for their use will result in confiscation of token and possible fines for non-payment of the proper fare of up to $100.00 (City Ordinance 10.76.030).
Replacement Semester Pass or Summer Pass
Replacement Semester Pass or Summer Pass
Should the semester pass or summer pass be lost or stolen, a replacement pass will be issued at a cost of $3. Students shall bring their replacement ID card to the JTS Office (101 Black Bridge Road) to pay the fee and receive the replacement pass.
Areas in Janesville Not Served by JTS and Rural Areas of the Janesville School District
The Janesville School District provides or subsidizes "yellow school bus service" to students living in areas not served by JTS, and the rural areas of the Janesville School District. For information on eligibility or to register for school bus service, please contact the Transportation Director at the School District office, (608) 743-5016. For school bus route information or questions on school bus operations in the Janesville School District, contact the Van Galder Bus Company, (608) 752-5407.
Milton School District Information
Janesville residents living in the Milton School District receive "yellow school bus service" from the Milton School District. For information on eligibility or to register for school bus service in the Milton School District, contact Riteway Bus Company, (608) 868-4705.
Token for Teens, a school district program for students unable to afford transportation to school.