The City of Janesville is seeking volunteers to serve as poll workers for the upcoming elections. Poll workers play a valuable part in the election process and perform a variety of tasks throughout Election Day.
Volunteers will need to attend a training session. Poll workers will be asked to work from 6AM to 10PM and will receive compensation in the amount of $100.
To be a poll worker for the City of Janesville, a person must:
- Be a qualified elector in Rock County; this means a volunteer must be an adult citizen of the United States who has resided in the City of Rock for 28 consecutive days and is not otherwise disqualified to vote;
- Be able to speak, read, and write fluently in the English language;
- Have strong clerical skills;
- Be able to solve problems;
- Be an effective communicator; and
- NOT be a candidate for any office to be voted on at the polling place at that election.
Individuals interested in serving as a poll worker are asked to complete the online volunteer form as soon as possible.
Individuals without internet access may call the City Clerk-Treasurer’s Office to volunteer. For questions or to volunteer, please contact the City Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at 755-3070.