The City of Janesville is seeking volunteers to serve as Election Inspectors for the upcoming elections. Election Inspectors play a valuable part in the election process and perform a variety of tasks throughout Election Day.
Volunteers will need to attend a training session. Election Inspectors will be asked to work from 6AM to 10PM and will receive compensation in the amount of $105.
To be an Election Inspector for the City of Janesville, a person must:
- Be a qualified elector in Rock County; this means a volunteer must be an adult citizen of the United States who has resided in the City of Rock for 28 consecutive days and is not otherwise disqualified to vote;
- Be able to speak, read, and write fluently in the English language;
- Have strong clerical skills;
- Be able to solve problems;
- Be an effective communicator; and
- NOT be a candidate for any office to be voted on at the polling place at that election.
Individuals interested in serving as an Election Inspectors are asked to complete the online volunteer form as soon as possible.
Individuals without internet access may call the City Clerk-Treasurer’s Office to volunteer. For questions or to volunteer, please contact the City Clerk-Treasurer’s Office at 755-3070.
Partisan Primary Training Video from the August 9th training session can be found at http://janesville.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=5&clip_id=1841