Applications are kept on file for one calendar year. Individuals interested in serving on a committee may re-apply on January 1 of each year or later.
For a listing of standing citizen committees, their responsibilities and meeting times, please click here
VacanciesApplications must be received by Sunday, March 10, 2019 to be considered for these openings.
- Alcohol License Advisory Committee - 1 voting member (industry representative); 1 alternate member
- Audit Committee - 2 voting members
- Downtown Business Improvement District (BID) Board - 2 voting members; 1 alternate member
- Community Development Authority - 1 voting member
- Golf Course Advisory Committee - 1 alternate member
- Historic Commission - 2 voting members
- Library Board of Trustees - 1 voting member
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee - 2 voting members
- Police & Fire Commission - 1 voting member
- Sustainable Janesville Committee - 3 voting members
- Zoning Board of Appeals - 1 alternate member
Eligibility to Serve
To be eligible for an appointment , volunteers must have interest or knowledge in the committee’s subject matter. Volunteers should also be available to meet at the committee’s regular meeting time. Residency in the City of Janesville may be required.Click here to review the residency requirements and appointment authority for each board, commission or committee.
How To Volunteer
Applications must be received by Sunday, March 10, 2019 to be considered for the vacancies listed above.
Depending on the committee, the Advisory Committee on Appointments will meet following the application deadline to review the applications and make their recommendation to the City President or City Manager. The appointments then go before the City Council for confirmation. Individuals not chosen will receive a letter indicating their application will remain on file for the calendar year.
Please contact the City Manager’s Office with any questions at (608) 755-3177.