Downtown Snow Removal Information from the Business Improvement District
Beginning this year, snow removal in Zone 1 within the Downtown Janesville Business Improvement District (BID) will be changing. Below are some important pieces of information to keep in mind:
- First and foremost, please be patient and understand that this is a new process for everyone. There will certainly be things that will need to be refined, changed, adjusted etc. This first year will be a learning experience for everyone.
- When plowing occurs, the City will be pushing snow into piles at designated areas and a private contractor will periodically remove these properties. These piles will not be removed every time the City plows.
- The business/building owner is still responsible to clear snow from the sidewalk and concrete terrace.
- Business/building owners should shovel snow into the street before a plow event. The City does not plow after minor snow events so you may want to store snow from these smaller events in piles on the terrace and move them into the street the next time the City does plow.
- It is critical to make sure to move cars off the street during a snow event. Please be sure to communicate this to any tenants in your building.
- Locations indicated on the map found here are a general idea of where store will be snowed, but could evolve after a few live events. Again, removing vehicles from the street will be helpful in this regard.
Questions or concerns can be emailed to BIDJanesville@gmail.com. The BID should be the primary point of contact, not the City or the private contractor.