Please review the calendar below to see when city-sponsored events and meetings are taking place. If you wish to only view public meetings, choose the Public Meetings option from the Categories drop down menu.
Janesville Trick or Treat Hours
- Date: 10/31/2017 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The City of Janesville Trick or Treat hours are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017. If you wish to be visited by trick-or-treaters, please leave a front porch light on. Trick-or-treaters should only go to homes that are well lit and have a light on. Often homeowners who don't wish to participate in the trick-or-treat ritual will leave porch lights off as a signal. Respect their wishes and go on to the next home.
The Janesville Police Department would like to remind citizens to have a safe and fun Halloween by ensuring their children participate safely. Here are some safety tips to keep you and your goblins safe this Halloween:
- Only go to homes that are inviting visitors by leaving the front porch light on.
- Wear a light-colored costume so you can be seen in the dark.
- Wear strips of reflective tape and a flashlight to enhance visibility.
- Make sure your costume won’t trip you or make it hard for you to see.
- Wear face paint instead of masks to help with visibility.
- Ask your parents or an older family member to escort you as you Trick or Treat.
- Trick or Treat with a group of friends.
- Trick or Treat in your own neighborhood on well-lit streets.
- Walk on sidewalks if at all possible. Be extra-careful crossing the street at night and be sure to only cross at street corners.
- Wait until you get home to eat treats. Don’t eat anything that’s not wrapped.
- Notify the police about anything suspicious.
Please contact Sgt. Ellis at (608) 755-3133 for more information on Trick or Treat safety.