Janesville Trick or Treat Hours
- Date: 10/31/2017 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The City of Janesville Trick or Treat hours are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 31, 2017. If you wish to be visited by trick-or-treaters, please leave a front porch light on. Trick-or-treaters should only go to homes that are well lit and have a light on. Often homeowners who don't wish to participate in the trick-or-treat ritual will leave porch lights off as a signal. Respect their wishes and go on to the next home.
The Janesville Police Department would like to remind citizens to have a safe and fun Halloween by ensuring their children participate safely. Here are some safety tips to keep you and your goblins safe this Halloween:
- Only go to homes that are inviting visitors by leaving the front porch light on.
- Wear a light-colored costume so you can be seen in the dark.
- Wear strips of reflective tape and a flashlight to enhance visibility.
- Make sure your costume won’t trip you or make it hard for you to see.
- Wear face paint instead of masks to help with visibility.
- Ask your parents or an older family member to escort you as you Trick or Treat.
- Trick or Treat with a group of friends.
- Trick or Treat in your own neighborhood on well-lit streets.
- Walk on sidewalks if at all possible. Be extra-careful crossing the street at night and be sure to only cross at street corners.
- Wait until you get home to eat treats. Don’t eat anything that’s not wrapped.
- Notify the police about anything suspicious.
Please contact Sgt. Ellis at (608) 755-3133 for more information on Trick or Treat safety.