Please find below a listing of public meetings organized by the City of Janesville. For a calendar of all city-sponsored events, please click here.Helpful Links
- Agenda materials for boards, commissions and committees
- Downtown Janesville, Inc. Calendar of Events
- Hedberg Public Library Calendar of Events
- Janesville Area Convention and Visitor’s Bureau Calendar of Events
- Rock County Historical Society Events Calendar
- School District of Janesville School Calendar
Community Engagement for Transit Development Plan
- Date: 10/18/2017 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Transfer Center
123 S. River St.
Residents and bus riders are encouraged to attend upcoming open houses to review and comment on draft recommendations for future bus service. Public open houses will take place on Tuesday, October 17 at Hedberg Public Library (316 S. Main Street) from 3:30–5 p.m. and on Wednesday, October 18 at the downtown Transfer Center (123 S. River Street) from 5–6:30 p.m.
Approximately every five years, the City of Janesville reviews and updates its Transit Development Plan (TDP), which sets the overall direction for the Transit System for the coming half-decade. The process to develop the plan includes collection of data, stakeholder interviews, a survey of bus riders and the general population, analysis of bus operations, and public input throughout the process. Also included in this year’s review is examining feasibility of transitioning to a bus stop only transit system and updating the design of the Janesville Transit System (JTS) bus sign. Any changes to service would take place in July 2018 at the earliest.
For questions about the Transit Development Plan update, please contact MPO Coordinator Terry Nolan at (608) 755-3095 or Transit Director Rebecca Smith at (608) 755-3150.